GLOCCOVNAA is an abbreviation for 'Great Life of Conflict, Climax or Virtually Nothing At All'. That was the long and ridiculous name I came out for my blog when I was 18 years old. Do click on the colourful icons on the right to check out different types of posts in this blog.

01 September, 2014

H&N: I'm a Loner

외톨이야 외톨이야 daridiridara du~
외톨이야 외톨이야 daridiridara du~
(oetoriya oetoriya daridiridara du~)

Sorry, I always wanted to put that at the beginning of a post, I like CN Blue very much! But seriously I read this article 23 Signs You're Secretly An Introvert and it got me thinking, should I be proud of it? To be honest, sometimes it feels much better being by myself... How do everyone blend in to working environment so easily? How do everyone mix with roommates so easily? How do everyone travel in big groups so comfortably? Some people say I have the "talk to me" face but it is only because I don't know what to say.
I work in an environment where I am the odd one, the underdog trying relentlessly to blend in, at least for now. I don't know whether my staff and colleagues agree because I always enjoy working alone. The good news is that being head of my little unit forces me to learn to work with people and make decisions together with my staff instead of doing everything by myself. For many this may be a piece of cake, unfortunately it takes time for me to adjust... I am still working on it.
Guess what? I set my camera on timer to take this picture.
I have a little confession to make. *my parents must be mad if they know this* When I was still studying in secondary school, I used to have long study sessions at my table where I stared blankly at my reference books with my earphones on, listening to the radio I hid under the table. Music is like a really bad study friend, I lost so many precious study hours just because I was out of this world then... It has been 7 years since and I still have my MP3 player and earphones on whenever I am alone. I had a couple of posts about my solo trips to several places and I always had this same set of accessories on.
One thing I find when travelling in groups is that things always never go as planned... and it pisses me off. When I plan a solo trip, I get meticulous about everything like ticket prices, timing and routes. So before I even start my journey I always try my best to anticipate. Unfortunately there is this guy Murphy and his law that screws everything up. Years ago I used to think that going for any trip in a group of more than three people will definitely end with a screw-up somehow. Obviously that is rubbish... things go wrong even when I go for solo trips, click this LINK to find out why.

Is there a way out of this situation? Please do tell me, I'm an loner who wants to break out of my shell! Be kind and friendly to me, teach me how to blend in.

lalanandaFRY
1/9/2014

0 Critics: