GLOCCOVNAA is an abbreviation for 'Great Life of Conflict, Climax or Virtually Nothing At All'. That was the long and ridiculous name I came out for my blog when I was 18 years old. Do click on the colourful icons on the right to check out different types of posts in this blog.

09 May, 2015

Stark Contrast to the Beginning


7 years ago when I was in college, I still remember a time when my handphone had a poster of the then-upcoming movie Iron Man and my ringtone was the Black Sabbath song Iron Man. Back then when my class mates asked me what that song was, I will tell them the name and they will immediately ask whether it is the theme song for the 2008 movie. Well, yes and no. The song was used in the movie many times probably due to the name, but I doubt Black Sabbath knew their song would be used in a Marvel movie 38 years later! Wow... It actually took them 38 years to use this song in an Iron Man show!


It was really disappointing actually because I remembered several announcements stating that the movie was going to be released in late 2006 or early 2007 but nothing came out till May 2008. There wasn't that much hype by then, especially after the disaster of Spiderman 3 left me with a bad taste in my mouth just a year prior. As a fan of Iron Man since I saw the animated series on Saturday mornings as a kid, I knew I was going to see it anyway no matter how bad it was going to be. Please please prove me wrong!!!


WARNING: 
The following features stunts by a bad and irresponsible student. So for your safety and protection, do not attempt to recreate or re-enact any stunt or activity you are about to read below. You have been warned, so please proceed.


It was May 2008, I had just finished sitting for one of the gazillion exams/class tests in college. There was some sort of carnival at college and we were expected to participate for fun raising. If I'm not mistaken my class sold pizzas and drinks at our stall for the whole morning. The most awesome part is that all our pizza and drinks were sold out so fast that we could pack up and leave early. I had mixed feelings about that though... I had 5-6 hours to burn before my bus comes and nothing to do at all (exams and assignments were completed), so I decided to go to the cinema to watch the new movie I always wanted to watch, Iron Man.

So did I play truant? Theoretically yes, but I completed all my work early and there was no class that day. We had a great time having lunch together and watched the movie I have been waiting to see for so long. The movie definitely didn't disappoint me at all. In fact I still think that Iron Man is still the best movie of the Marvel Cinematic Universe to date, no wonder why it started the long running streak we now have today. It was the most fun I ever had in a movie with friends, so I rest my case.

Looking back 7 years and even rewatching it now, the movie is still so much of an enjoyment. Hmm... I wonder what they will do with Iron Man 2? Maybe introduce a new character like Black Widow?

lalanandaFRY
9/5/15

0 Critics: