GLOCCOVNAA is an abbreviation for 'Great Life of Conflict, Climax or Virtually Nothing At All'. That was the long and ridiculous name I came out for my blog when I was 18 years old. Do click on the colourful icons on the right to check out different types of posts in this blog.

11 January, 2013

H&N New Life #1

It is times like this when I think to myself, am I ready?

I am sitting in a vast empty room reminiscing the changes around me as I type this post. For the past few weeks, so many things are going on at the same time I actually have no idea where to start. The title actually sums it up quite well, I am starting a new life. After close to 17 years of formal education, it is finally time to enter a new phase of life, the working life. To those already working, this may not seem like an issue worth talking about, but it is to me at this moment.

Almost a month ago, I was jobless, aimless and uncertain about the prospect of earning my first paycheck. After applying to be a PRP at the Ministry of Health in October, I have heard of rumours spreading around that the government postings were distributed in batches. Some say there were only two batches per year and that if we miss any batch, we would have to wait another 6 months for the next batch. So since the previous batch I knew was in late August, I didn't expect to be posted until after Chinese New Year.
Then came a Facebook message from a friend who applied with me nudging me to check with the Ministry for my posting details. I was puzzled when I saw that message. I pondered silently for a while in front of my computer, contemplating about the possibility that I would be working very soon, ending my boring daily life then. Surprisingly I actually enjoyed those aimless days, waking up for lunch, surfing the internet randomly, checking Facebook status every 5 minutes and spending a lot of precious time with my parents. *sob sob*

Skipping to two weeks ago, I was certain I got posted to Pahang and it was down to two possible hospitals, which the state health department took forever to decide which to give. *possibly due to the flooding at Kuantan and that they were moving to a new office* My parents and I chose to visit my grandma and aunts in Penang before I start work. Somehow everyone there were hyped as well, making me check my posting status like a pest everyday. As soon as I returned from Penang, I received a call to inform me that I got posted to HTAA, Kuantan.
While packing my luggage in my room, I had mixed feelings about getting into a new phase in life. On one hand I was very excited to know that my life had a purpose and I am not wasting precious time idling at home anymore. But on the other hand, I was terrified and a bit sad. I felt scared because I had no idea what to expect going alone to a foreign place to work, not knowing what I would be doing in my job, who I would be working for and where I would be staying. For the second time of my life, I was leaving home for a long time, this time not in the company of my batchmates but just me alone. Like the first time, it was sad to be away from my parents again. I think it is these times when I feel their love for me the most and realised how much I love to be loved.

New life begins in the next post...
lalanandaFRY
10/1/13

p.s.: I didn't know how to add many pictures to fit the mood I was in, it was all about my feeling.

0 Critics: