GLOCCOVNAA is an abbreviation for 'Great Life of Conflict, Climax or Virtually Nothing At All'. That was the long and ridiculous name I came out for my blog when I was 18 years old. Do click on the colourful icons on the right to check out different types of posts in this blog.

08 March, 2013

H&N: Exams

I wonder whether anyone out there love exams? We have to face it a couple of times in our life time and I don't think anyone can deny that it is stressful if we care about the results. Remember a time when we were kids and exams were like any other day of school? Those days are long gone...

It has been 6 years since I left school, 5 years since pre-U and almost 1 year since university days and I am still having the same fear of exams. I am sure you know how it feels. My random panic attacks, unsettling insomnia and lack of concentration is back!
As a PRP, we have to sit for a Forensic exam, or Peperiksaan Perundangan Farmasi during our provisional year to meet the requirements for registration as a pharmacist. In essence, the exam will assess our understanding of certain acts and regulations pertaining to our profession. For most PRPs who graduated from local universities, this exam would be a revision of laws previously lectured and tested in modules. On the contrary, the laws I studied during my 3rd and 4th year were from the MEP and Medicines Act 1968, a.k.a. UK legal system.
So this brings me back to the same situation I encountered during my first year in university. I was a double maths student during pre-U and did not study Biology since Form 5. My batchmates around me were mostly Biology students from either SAM or A-levels and were leaps ahead of me in terms of prior understanding of "basic" anatomy and bodily functions. I have to admit that I struggled quite a bit and barely made it to the next semester.

Why do I always have to be the underdog? Exam sucks, life sucks... face it!

lalanandaFRY
8/3/13

0 Critics: