GLOCCOVNAA is an abbreviation for 'Great Life of Conflict, Climax or Virtually Nothing At All'. That was the long and ridiculous name I came out for my blog when I was 18 years old. Do click on the colourful icons on the right to check out different types of posts in this blog.

21 April, 2010

Holidays so far part 5

Number 6: Attachment

Since before the EoS, I've been applying for a pharmacy attachment in community pharmacies and hospitals but it was almost a total waste of time. I'd tried contacting Caring, Guardian, Watson, SJMC, Assunta, Sunway and Pantai, but none gave me anything positive. Just when I was giving up, I realized that there was a medical centre nearby my home and decided to give it a try.

Finally I've got myself a place to gain some experience in an actual pharmacy. The hospital is very small, thus the proportionality. Despite its size, it still has an intergrated computer system for prescription printing and stock keeping. There were also several other students from other institutions undergoing their attachments, whom I would learn from since they were there for a longer time.
The pharmacy was quite busy all day long since everyone had to deal with request of inpatient, outpatient and discharge all in one place *small hospital*. It was good to me since I got to learn an overall working of the pharmacy within the first few days which include stock checking, packing of medicine, keying in prescriptions into the computer and filing of documents.
A week went very quickly and it was a pleasure sacrificing a part of my holiday for a valuable experience.

Number 7: Date Night

Holiday style living continued for the last week of my break as I didn't have to resit for any of my papers. So I joined the same group of friends, with addition of sophia & ZF to Midvalley to celebrate ZF's delayed birthday. We weren't really sure what movie to watch at that time, then we glanced through all the posters on the walls and found the Date Night poster with Steve Carell and Tina Fey looking so good together.

The movie was hilarious if you enjoy some dirty jokes and unbelievably coincidental incidence coming together in one weird adventure.

After the movie, we went to TGIF for lunch and to give ZF a surprise.
Another group photo!

Number 8: PC unfair... not!

On the last weekend of the holiday, PIKOM was having a PC fair at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre. Although I wasn't planning to buy any gadgets, I wanted to go to see the prices and latest gadgets available. I was kinda lucky when taking the LRT as the train was there everytime I reached the platform. However it wasn't very good since I reached uber early and had to wait at Kenny Rogers for the rest of my friends to meet up while squeezing through all the staff and promoters at the entrance.

Although it wasn't the first time I'm visiting a PC fair, I had an impression that this had more daring girls than before *not that I'm complaining*. After exiting the convention centre, we walked to Pavillion to have lunch at The Loaf before taking a stroll at Low Yat Plaza.

How nice if I have loads of cash to spend on techno gadgets... *dreaming*

THE HOLIDAY ENDS HERE

0 Critics: