GLOCCOVNAA is an abbreviation for 'Great Life of Conflict, Climax or Virtually Nothing At All'. That was the long and ridiculous name I came out for my blog when I was 18 years old. Do click on the colourful icons on the right to check out different types of posts in this blog.

31 January, 2010

Uni-3-disaster week 12 report

Last week was eventful, slightly stressful and extremely tiring. Prepare for a longer post this week. I think I should start on Monday.

Monday
Woke up in the morning for a 10.30am class but was rushed because my father got to know that my grandpa was ill. I left for IMU slightly early so my father could send my grandpa to the hospital. So I tried to study for the practical exam in the library. I think I was still experiencing the post-Physical Pharmacy class test feeling of relief with little to no worries about Pharmaceutical Microbiology practical test on Wednesday.

After lunch, we were then introduced to the computer program which produce unbelievable Guinea Pig Ileum results. That CAL session was definitely something to be remembered as it was easily the loooooonnnnnggggest session ever dealing with a slow program. But the nice thing about it was that it produced graphs which were beautiful beyond comparison with all our previous "real ileum" practicals.

My mom and I went to the hospital to visit my grandpa and noticed that he was very very ill. His pulse was very erratic and his blood pressure was low, so he was given noradrenalin at a relatively high dose. I stayed only for a short while because I still had to return home to prepare for my practical exam.

Tuesday
My mom took me to IMU this time since my father left for the hospital early. I gotta study in the library with a bunch of batch mates which was more enjoyable. Time passed very fast as knowledge entered my head when we discussed. After lunch, i stayed back for a while to perfect my graphs as well as Schild Plot. I went home around 2.30pm to continue studying for the exam with no plans to visit my grandpa since exam was less than 24 hours away. But when my mom come back from work, I got the message that my grandpa has just passed away.

I was shocked at that moment. It was very new to me as I have not faced death of a person so close to me. As I closed my eyes, images and memories of times we spent together zoomed passed me. I felt a slight urge for tears to roll off my eyes, but I resisted as I consoled myself that his life could be much more comfortable and that death is a natural process.

Wednesday
A few hours before my practical exam, I joined a couple of my batch mates again for a group study in the library by testing each other about agar plates and biochemicals tests which saved me during the actual exam in the afternoon. The practical exam turned out OK, but the case given to me was a huge "?" to me. After the exam, we were sent to DC for quarantine (time when I felt internet was a marvel!). We had literally nothing much to do. So I asked Wei Jian to teach me how to fold a rose while we watched other groups coming in later to play "Chor Dai Di" and "Charades" out of boredom.

When we were allowed to leave, I went home, took a bath, had dinner with my mom and left for Nirvana Memorial Center for the wake service whereby monks were invited to perform a chanting service (done every evening). It was a pleasure to meet many relatives whom I've not met for many years coming from all around the country to witness this event.

Thursday
Lectures ended around lunchtime. So my parents brought me for lunch and straight to the memorial center again when they entertained more relatives and guests while I used Nirvana's internet service to search for materials for my microbiology report.

doesn't it look like a 5 star hotel?

Friday
Almost the same as Thursday, the only difference is that my aunt came from Penang and I was tasked to drive her from the bus station, makan and to the memorial center. In the afternoon, the Chief reverend, Venerable Dhammaratana visited together with a bus load of Ti-ratana orphans for a short chanting session. Those children were so cute!!!

Then many more relatives came to visit from all over the country. It was a great time for all to meet each other after such a long time despite this solemn event.

Saturday
This is the funeral day. It was very emotional to see him for the last time before the cremation. We traveled to the Shah Alam Memorial Park in the morning for the ceremony in a convoy of a bus and 4 cars. There isn't much to say about this except that it was very tiring to travel around and I think I've got a slight sunburn.

This post is dedicated to you. I will always love you, Grandpa!
May you be reborn in a comfortable plane and achieve eternal bliss of Nibana.

lalanandaFRY

0 Critics: